Saturday 12 April 2014

Liebster Award reply

The lovely Pearl Sanguine, @c_m_m78, left a very lovely comment on my shed blog over where I do imaginary band stuff with my imaginary band, Greville and the Tombstones. Pearl nominated me for a Liebster Award.



I had not heard of the Liebster Award. For those who don't know either, here are the details:



If you are not aware, a Liebster Award is a way of getting other bloggers known, shared and generally getting the word out about them, if they have under 500 followers.

A few simple rules apply -

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you

3. Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers

4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer

5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
 
 
 
It's a great idea, so I checked out Pearl's blog and got my questions. I figured I would answer on my main blog simply so I didn't feel the need to be completely altgoth over on the altgoth band blog.

My answers are truthful and I hope that means they are not too dull :)

Here goes!
 
 

Pearl nominated the following bloggers: 
1. Blooming Boo Boo at Blooming Boo
2. CraftyGoggins at CraftyGoggins
3. Mona of Mona's Miscellany
4. Stacey at peppanip
5. Tabatha and Julia at Thread Carefully
6. Hayley at Downs Side Up
7. Greville of Greville and the Tombstones
8. Michelle at Marshmallow Musings
9. Louisa at duck in a dress
10. Nicola at nicolabishopx
11. Sarah Elizabeth at Scandinavian On The Inside

And Pearl's questions for us all:

1. What's your motivation for blogging?
I was asked to start a blog by friends who enjoyed emails I wrote them. So this blog was established with the technical help of @Jaffne. There is little reason to what content I post on here, apart from whatever I want to enjoy writing for fun. And I do find blogging fun. Since I started this blog I joined Twitter and soon after expanded into doing a "band blog" which was meant to be a bit of nonsensical fun for my own amusement, but to my eternal happiness and shock, it is quite popular! With others! I also have a 3rd blog for the imaginary backing band "The Tombstones" as a side project I am calling the Dark Throw. I have no idea how that one will end up. Probably darker.

Blogging and tweeting is a joy to me.


2. Is there anything you would change about yourself and why?
Genuinely wish I would suit hats. All hats. I love a hat. I have lots of them. But I don't have much of a head for hats. It is an awful Greek tragedy of a thing. It doesn't stop me wearing them, but I am never confident that I look like a man in a hat. The hat is sort of wearing a man. Thankfully the good Lord blessed me with a cool hairstyle.


3. What's your favourite book?
I enjoy reading Kurt Vonnegut. I began reading him on a recommendation by my English teacher, and ever since have always felt a better human when reading his words than reading any other author.

Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut is my favourite because I was blown away by the inventiveness, even by Kurt's standards. It is the only book I slowed down reading because I didn't want it to end. Wonderful.


4. Do you have any pets?
No pets. But I would like a pug or if some mad scientist could invent a mini-sloth I'd have that in a flash and never tire of putting it onto potted plants.


5. Do you have a pet hate?
Inconsiderateness. Just be considerate on public transport, to the shop assistant, to others, to things which went before... There is no excuse to be inconsiderate. I believe being knowingly inconsiderate is a one way ticket to Hell.  


6. Who inspires you?
People I interact with. All and any of them. In their own ways they inspire me to be more: improve, aspire and increase emotional intelligence. Was that answer too gushing? It was too gushing wasn't it. Soz.


7. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
"Women are a distraction" 


8. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would live a very satisfying altgoth life, with a herd of free range pugs on the lawn and a very expensive genetically modified mini-sloth up a tree on the lawn and me in my gothic castle looking out onto my lawn.


9. What's your next ambition?
To create the next and 2nd greatest altgoth album of all time. #thereisnosecondalbum


10. What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Mint choc-chip. I was in Rome and found a little corner Ice-cream parlour where the cool kids were hanging about, leaning on their Vespas eating ice-cream which the vendor slabbed slices of onto the cones with an ice-cream trowel. Getting 3 trowels worth of mint choc-chip ice-cream from a gelato vendor in back street in Rome was almost a religious experience.


11. Are you happy right now?
At this very moment, I am happy.



Thanks for the questions, Pearl!
Now I guess I need to start thinking about my questions and nominations... this could take a little while.




No comments:

Post a Comment