Wednesday 16 November 2011

Who follows the followers?

I was surprisingly cheered when I noticed that I had... what's the right word I am after... "ensnared" a new follower to this blog recently. How marvellous. Not least because I have no idea how anyone actually becomes a follower to this blog. I guess that it has something to do with the "join" button in the box to the right. I have often considered it and hovered a mouse pointer over it and dared myself to click it to see what happens. Of course, I never have.

There is something instinctive, primal, at the back of my mind suggesting that following my own blog would not be good. Like the feeling we get when we know following the clown with razor teeth into the sewerage tunnels for the promise of a balloon, would not be good. Or little, jumpy spiders.

I know what you are thinking, I should get in touch with Stephen Hawking about this:
"Professor Hawking, Hi. Now, I was going to start following my own blog"
WHY DO YOU THINK THAT?
"Eh? Anyway, will that create some form of bad spacial vortex?"
WHAT DO YOU THINK IF IT WILL FORM A BAD SPACIAL VORTEX?
"What? Are you drunk?"
INTERESTING TELL ME MORE
[Is it wrong that all fantasy conversations I have with Stephen Hawking, I basically reduce to the conversations I had with ELIZA in computing class?]

But the important thing to remember is that I have not followed my own blog - but you have and that is truly great. Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy it here!

Indeed, it is about time that I said hello and welcome to all my Readers! I really appreciate you all.

Please, if you are a frequent visitor to this little leaf of cyberspace feel free to join my official readership. It would make my day.

It is worth summarising with this well made and reassuringly contemporary, hip point that if Beyonce was mad for blogging she would undoubtedly sing: "If you read it then you should have put an RSS feed on it!" Naturally she would just be singing it through in the spare room to her husband, Jazzy Zee, as she wouldn't be an international singing mega-star, true bloggers never are. And he'd be all: READ IT ME? TELL ME MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment