Sunday 27 June 2010

Lobos is a smooth operating system.

Incredibly, there has been a lot of love on the streets for Lobos the Robot. The people on the street want to know more. What can I say? It was a narrative construct. Lobos the Robot does not exist. Lobos is barely a coherent conceit of a character where he was invented, in this Blog.

But it got me thinking: How might someone find out Lobos the Robot has stolen their potential office romance?

“Hi. I’ve noticed you around the office. So… what do think of the office party? Pretty bad as usual eh?”
“Ha! Yes, the best thing I find is to have a few plastic cups of warm white wine and hope it takes the edge off!”
“Yeah – I know what you mean.”
“Hee, hee! You’re funny! I always end up getting tipsy though, if I’m not careful! I’m already getting a bit giggly!”
“Do you want a top-up?”
“Why not? I’ll just see you over by that robot thing.”
“Lobos? Ok I’ll see you in a couple of minutes.”
(3 minutes later…)
“I’ve just brought the bottle… What’s going on?!?”
“Oh, it’s not what you think! It is totally above board. Lobos and I are going steady now.”
“That’s crazy!”
“Is it really that crazy?”
“Yes, of course it is, in the regard it is very far from normal.”
“But what counts as normal these days? Hmmm?”
“It’s an automaton! It can’t go anywhere without a power socket, at the very most, 4 feet away! How did this happen?”
“What can I say? I always have had a weakness for DJ’s.”
“It’s hooked up to two speakers! And the music is atrocious! It is playing a tape of Jive Bunny and Mastermixers the boss has put into the cassette player in its chest! This is ridiculous! I was only away 3 minutes!”
“I’m sorry, I was waiting on you when one thing led to another and before I knew it I was looking down at its 143 blinking green eyes and I was lost in every single one of them then it was obvious I had to be with Lobos tonight when Lobos gently stroked my cheek.”
“With its single pneumatic rubbery pincer, you loon!”
“Lobos has something that is very hard to find these days – charisma.”
“Right, well, two can play at this game.”
(Later that same evening…)
“I'll be back, I’m just popping through to get my The Shamen tape from my brief case to crank this party up a notch! Whoa! What’s going on in here?”
“What does it look like to you, boss? I am clearly humping the communal office laser printer.”
“What’s it got… have you drawn lipstick around the paper feed tray?”
“Don’t pity me!”

So Lobos has taken a job and now a relationship… what next? Lives? Is this what you want, people on the street?

This actually turned out darker than I thought it would. Here's some music to leaven the mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment