Saturday 4 June 2011

Brave*starr leaving an impression of the... of the... er...

During the previous spate of blogging, I made a sudden pop-cultural reference from my youth that it now transpires no one got / could care to remember / had ever known about in the first place. Now I know exactly how Seth MacFarlane feels everyday of his weird looping productive life.

[What – no cutaway to a character that sort of dresses like Seth McFarlane being shown at a desk unable to write one word in front of another for a script without deviating from that word with a cutaway scene about Storm Troopers in a bar?]

I had simply, naturally assumed that everyone knew about Bravestarr. That it had the same impact on others as it did me. And it did influence me in a couple of fundamental ways, one being I always give my guns women’s names.

Was I the only one in the playground who would give it the old "Speed of the Puma, puma, 'uma..." then run super speedy for about 15 seconds before needing "Rest of the Lemur". Seems so.

Bravestarr - you had a techno-horse sidekick and often asked for the strength of the bear, speed of the puma, ears of the wolf and the eyes of the hawk. You might have asked for cultural iconography of the Bald Eagle in hindsight, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment