Tuesday 16 July 2013

Greville's advert breakdown

Have you noticed a trend? Old adverts are being reused on modern TV. It is weird.

This one came on tonight in the middle of a TV show made in 2013:




To be fair, I can get nostalgic about some adverts and here are some of my favourites:



I remember the cartons of Kia-Ora came with stickers of the characters from the advert.



Talking of advertisement merchandise... forget your meerkats - dried fruit got there first:



You could buy raisins wearing sunglasses out of every shop in world in 1986.



Of course everyone likes a Levi ad. Just like your Doctor Who - every generation had there own one. Here is mine:



Happy slim-fit denim memories there. Smiley Winky Face.


I even liked this one - it would come on during my school summer holidays and set me up for a day of wishing the sun was shining so I could go outside for a bit:





And here is another classic:





But all this leads me to the point of my bloggette this evening. It has been suggested that this is the most irritating advert of all time:



And to show irritation is not sexist:






BUT may I suggest these as contenders?



This definitely is sexist - some of us don't have a penis to point to your Facebook shenanigans.

And this one is obscene - just what does the robot interrupt?



Enough of these aperitifs! Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present what I believe to be the worst advert ever. It is creepy and annoying and all seven shades of wrong. Remember it is trying to sell you the product. I give you the Plenty More Fish advert.

Watch it 3 times and tell me this isn't marginally worse than some talky Australian couple walking to their cars.



Oh. My. Word.

One - are you going to think "Hmmm I am a dead eyed cockney lady who is tone deaf and looking for love. Yes I would like to find a man who looks half-baked on meds with terrible posture and potentially a civil servant."

And what about those little monkey clones of her?

Hideous.

Ah! Greville - I hear you say after chewing your sofa cushion - the Kia advert still wins because there were two. One was an annoying woman but it also had one that was a man!

Well, you asked for it:



Sweet Jeezus.






No comments:

Post a Comment